- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Mai, P., & Dubois, E. (2018). The State of Social Media in Canada.
Report. Ryerson University Social Media Lab. https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3158771
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Mai, P., & Dubois, E. (2018). Social Media Privacy in Canada.
Report. Ryerson University Social Media Lab. https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3195503
- Gruzd, A., Lannigan, J., & Quigley, K. (2018). Examining government cross-platform engagement in social media: Instagram vs Twitter and the big lift project. Government Information Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2018.09.005
- Gruzd, A., & Hernandez-Garcia, A. (2018) Privacy Concerns and Self-disclosure in Private and Public Uses of Social Media. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking. https://doi.org/10.1089/cyber.2017.0709
- Gruzd, A. (2013). Emotions in the Twitterverse and Implications for User Interface Design, AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction 5(1): 42-56. Available at: http://aisel.aisnet.org/thci/vol5/iss1/4
- Osatuyi, B., Steffen-Fluhr, N., Gruzd, A., and Collins, R. (2010). An Empirical Investigation of Gender Dynamics and Organizational Change. The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management 10(3): 23-36. Available at http://ijm.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.28/prod.1216
- Gruzd, A., & Roy, J. (2016). Social Media and Local Government in Canada: An Examination of Presence and Purpose. In M. Z. Sobaci (Ed.), Social Media and Local Governments (pp. 79–94). Springer International Publishing. Retrieved from http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-17722-9_5
- Soomai, S., Wells, P. G., MacDonald, B. H., De Santo, Elizabeth M, & Gruzd, A. (2016). Measuring Awareness, Use, and Influence of Information: Where Theory Meets Practice. In Science, Information, and Policy Interface for Effective Coastal and Ocean Management (Vols. 1–0, pp. 253–280). CRC Press. DOI: 10.1201/b21483-14
Conference Papers in Proceedings
- Jacobson, J., & Gruzd, A. (2018). Employers’ Use of Young People’s Social Media: Extending Stakeholder Theory to Social Media Data. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2018, p. 18217). Academy of Management Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510. https://journals.aom.org/doi/abs/10.5465/AMBPP.2018.18217abstract
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., & Dubois, E. (2017). You’re Hired: Examining Acceptance of Social Media Screening of Job Applicants. In Proceedings of the 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 10-12, 2017, Boston, MA, USA. http://digital.library.ryerson.ca/islandora/object/RULA%3A5898
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Dubois, E. (2017). Information Visualizations as a Tool to Study Users’ Social Media Privacy Concerns. In Proceedings of the Canadian Association for Information Science (CAIS) conference, May 31 – June 2, 2017, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Dubois, E. (2016). Hacking the Storage and Preservation of Social Media Data. In Proceedings of the 2016 iConference. http://doi.org/10.9776/16551
- Nizam, N., Watters, C., and Gruzd, A. (2012). Website Navigation: An Exploratory Study of Three Navigation Tools for Simple Web Tasks. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, April 2012. Porto, Portugal.
- Gruzd, A., Wong, J. (2010). Blogging with CONTEXT: A context-aware information retrieval system for bloggers. Proceedings of the 3rd Information Interaction in Context Symposium, August 18-22, 2010, New Brunswick, NJ, USA. DOI: 1145/1840784.1840827
- Gruzd, A. (2009). Automated Discovery of Emerging Online Communities Among Blog Readers: A Case Study of a Canadian Real Estate Blog. Proceedings of the Internet Research 10.0 Conference, October 7-11, 2009, Milwaukee, WI, USA. Available at http://dalspace.library.dal.ca/handle/10222/12831
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Burkell, J., McNeish, J., Quan-Haase, A. (2018) Social Media Users’ Privacy Expectations and the Ethics of Using Their Data by Third Parties. Roundtable. The 2018 Association of Internet Researchers Conference, October 11, 2018, Montreal, QC.
- Gruzd, A., Jacobson, J., Kumar, P., Mai, P. (2017). The Ethics of Social Media Data Use for Research. Data Power Conference, June 22-23, 2017, Ottawa, Canada.
- Gruzd, A. & Lannigan, J. (2017). Studying People’s Sentiments on Social Media About #BigLift – a Major Bridge Re-decking Project in Halifax, Canada. Panel on Expanding our Understanding of Social Media Use in Public Management, Public Management Research Conference at American University’s School of Public Affairs, June 8-10, 2017, Washington DC, USA.
- Hayat, Z., Dimitrova, D., Gruzd, A., Mo, G.Y., and Wellman, B. (2011). Collaboration and Productivity in Network Organizations, Conference paper presented at the International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, February 8-13, 2011, St Pete Beach, FL.
- Mo, G.Y., Dimitrova, D., Gruzd, A., Hayat, Z., and Wellman, B. (2011). Centrality and Hierarchy in a Networked Organization, Conference paper presented at the International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, February 8-13, 2011, St Pete Beach, FL.
- Osatuyi, B., Steffen-Fluhr, N., Gruzd, A., and Collins, R. (2010). An Empirical Investigation of Gender Dynamics and Organizational Change: The Co-Authorship Network Analysis Approach. Management Conference, July 26-29, 2010, Montréal, QC, Canada.
- Gruzd, A., Chung, C.J., Park, H.W. (2010). Studying online conversations in the Korean blogosphere: A network approach. Paper presented at the International Network of Social Network Analysis (INSNA) Conference, Session on Words and Networks, June 29 – July 04, 2010, Trento, Italy.
- McEwan, B., & Gruzd, A. (2018). Conceptualizing relational factors of tie strength. Poster
presented at a meeting of the International Association of Relationship Research, July 12-16,
2018, Fort Collins, CO, USA.
- Dang, A., Smit, M., Gruzd, A., and Milios, E. (2015). Studying Rumour-spreading Users in
Social Media – A Case Study of Reddit. Poster presented at the International Conference on
Social Media and Society, July 27-29, 2015, Toronto, Canada.