This is a reminder that the second session of the Social Media Lab’s Computational Social Science Bootcamp (Summer 2021 Edition) will be tomorrow on Thursday, May 27 at 10:00-11:30am(EDT) and will focus on “Toxicity Analysis with Reddit Data using Perspective API”. If you are not located in the Eastern Time Zone, use this link to confirm your local time.
Session 2 Prerequisite:
- While not required, we encourage you to register for a free Communalytic EDU account before the session at https://communalytic.com/new-user/
- We also encourage you to apply to Google for access to the Perspective API as soon as possible. More information about how to apply for this API is available here: https://developers.perspectiveapi.com/s/docs-get-started
- It’s OKAY if you don’t get access to the Perspective API before tomorrow’s session. You can just watch the presentation and then repeat the steps once you have access to the Perspective API.
How to Join the Session:
- All Bootcamp sessions are conducted via Zoom.
- Access information was emailed to you when you registered. The confirmation email would have come from “Anatoliy Gruzd <[email protected]>” and will have the subject line: “Social Media Lab’s Computational Social Science (CSS) Bootcamp – Summer 2021 Confirmation”.
- In case you are not able to locate your confirmation email with your personalized access information, please feel free to re-register using the link below: https://ryerson.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAtcO-rqzwvG9Udo5ODT96FSmfPmm4h6Gdu