Following the first successful event on social media data stewardship at the 2016 iConference in Philadelphia, we are delighted to announce the second annual Specialist Meeting on Social Media Data Stewardship at Ryerson University in Toronto on July 27, 2017.
The goal of the event is to bring together experts in social media research and data librarians to discuss methods, ethics and policies specifically related to managing social media data by researchers and data librarians.
This year’s meeting focuses on the following three areas:
- Social bot detection for data integrity and validity,
- Data anonymization for publishing and sharing social media datasets,
- Practical & policy challenges of preserving social media data.
If you are conducting research in one of the above mentioned areas and would like to participate, please complete the application form by May 15, 2017. There is no registration fee, but space is limited. Accepted applicants will be notified by June 15, 2017.
Tentative Schedule is available at http://socialmediadata.org/2017/specialist-meeting/
- Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University
- Jenna Jacobson, University of Toronto
- Philip Mai, Ryerson University
- Naomi Eichenlaub, Ryerson University
- Dhiraj Murthy, University of Texas at Austin
- Elizabeth Dubois, University of Ottawa